To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position desired in the subject line.
We are looking for an infrastructure engineer who is detail-oriented, proficient with technologies and hardware from many vendors, and who flourishes in high-pressure environments. Infrastructure engineers generally work with numerous hardware platforms, software programs, clients, and other technical staff, and often need to do field analysis and maintenance. Their responsibilities include upgrading and improving operating environments, creating repair strategies, and providing technical support and training for users.
Successful infrastructural engineers should have good communication and collaboration skills, excellent analytical, problem-solving, and time-management skills, and extensive knowledge of data storage. Ideal candidates will also have experience in networking best practices.
- Installing and maintaining operating environments
- Monitoring these operating environments.
- Responding effectively and speedily to any problems.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor with clients and colleagues.
- Providing user training and support.
- Ensuring operating environments stay safe and secure.
- Updating any software and hardware where necessary.
- Documenting all reported malfunctions and actions taken in response.
- Maintain a well documented inventory of all equipment in use as well as on the shelf.
- Maintain a backup and redundancy strategy across platform
- Software knowledge – IT infrastructure engineers work with a variety of software. A working knowledge of how these various systems interact virtually helps the engineer conduct rapid troubleshooting
- Hardware knowledge – routers, servers, PCs, printers, and other equipment all fall under the IT infrastructure engineer’s purview. The engineer also knows how to manage LANs and wired/wireless networks to connect these devices
- 3+ years of experience in IT / infrastructure environment building networks and systems
- Advanced organizational skills
- Must be experienced in Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX environments
- Must have experience with Cisco environments
- Must have experience in power management
- Experience with remote management and user support tools
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with Active Directory Domain Management
- Experience with Network and System Security Best Practices
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with GCP
- Experience with FreeNAS/TrueNAS